After visiting www.adobe.com/education/instruction/teach/visualdesign.html, I have officially decided to buy an Adobe suite as my graduation present to myself. I have used several Adobe applications during my course of study and I continue to be amazed. I am really impressed with Adobe's commitment to education. This unit is well designed from beginning to end. It includes several important aspects such as ethics training, acceptable use policy training, and legal issue education. Today's students often can use the technology, but lack the legal information regarding things such as publishing work to the web, information validity, copyright information, and ethical use of information. Student leadership is encouraged through out the entire year. I like how each student would be come the resource person to answer questions for their peers. Also, the program encourages the more technically sound students to take more leadership in class initially and act as a resource for the others. I liked the idea of designing a tip sheet for each assignment to aid students who may need more help or guidance. I think the unit is clearly explained and expectation are transparent with the use of the rubrics.
After reading the instructor materials for lesson 1, I am impressed with the amount of vocabulary. I also like that they included the ISTE standards for the lesson. I also like that the unit gives time frames for the different parts of the assignment. In the student materials for lesson 1, I liked the picture references for the students as well as the history information given to the students. Navigation of student materials was easy to follow. Overall I am excited about this program and I hope there is time left over for a few of the other assignments in this curriculum, but I do understand that this is supposed to be delivered over a full year. I am also impressed with Dr. A's innovation as she is always searching for new and exciting things for use to experience and fall in love with so we will share our passion with our students.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment