Wednesday, March 11, 2009

5366--Assignment 5 (logo reflection)


In this assignment, I had to produce 3 logos using Photoshop. I choose to design a logo for the Jefferson County Master Gardeners because I will be building their website this summer. I thougth I would start with the logo. I had to complete a series of 18 activities in order to produce the logo. First of all, I learned I have no future as a graphic designer. I have really struggled with learning the theory and principles of design, applying them to each project, and learning how to use a very difficult graphic software program. I feel the quality of my work is substandard because I am learning so many new things in such a short amount of time. I would have liked some face-to-face instruction with some of these concepts. I completed every exercise and still am not comfortable with the jargon of Photoshop or the principles of design. I am not a very creative person and this project was very difficult for me as was the collage. I am not feeling very successful at all. During the review and redesign stage, I did focus on fewer colors and smaller projects. I produced huge logos that were unfeasible and unusable. I really saw the considerations that have to be given to black and white print when I looked at each logo in grayscale. I wouldn't have seen how ugly my second logo was in black and white if I hadn't looked at it in grayscale. The pink in the rose really makes that logo, but it doesn't work in grayscale. Overall I am glad that I completed the project because several times I wanted to quit. I need to become comfortable with the software as well as consider the final product in the early design stages.
I think I met most expectations. Out of all three that I made, the one shown above is probably my favorite.

No comments: