As a teacher I go into my classroom everyday and give my best. I have several procedures in place because they make sense. I don’t know what theory some of these procedures belong to or if anyone has cared to write them down. After reading this summary of Dick & Carey (1996), I realize that I use the systems approach as part of my teaching style. I do believe in “breaking instruction down into smaller components” to address specific skills. I don’t claim to understand all of the theories that we are reading about, but I am enjoying learning the theory behind what I do every day. It will take a while to understand the vocabulary and apply it because I just do what it takes to reach each and every student each and every day. I do what it takes to help students learn. After reading the elements of their theory, I realize that I haven’t gained anything new. I incorporate these elements into every lesson I present.
Dick, W., & Carey, L. (1996). Systems Approach Model for Designing Instruction. Retrieved March 22, 2009, from Peking University: http://www.gse.pku.edu.cn/jxsj/materials2/Dick%20&%20Carey.htm
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment